Saturday, March 28, 2020

Pesto Bread Twists - Keto

I've just made a huge batch of pesto using basil from my garden. I make it and freeze it for the rest of the year. Now I've got pesto, I have been able to make this recipe I've had for a while.



Ingredients

  • ½ cup almond flour
  • ¼ cup coconut flour
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 55 grams butter
  • 180grams. grated cheese, preferably mozzarella
  • ¼ cup green pesto
  • 1 egg, beaten, for brushing the top

Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
  2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the egg and combine.
  3. Melt the butter and the cheese together in a pot on low heat. Stir until the batter is smooth.
  4. Slowly add the butter-cheese batter to the dry mixture bowl and mix together into a firm dough.
  5. Place the dough on parchment paper at is the size of a rectangular cookie sheet. Use a rolling pin and make a rectangle, about 5 mm thick.
  6. Spread pesto on top and cut into 2.5 cm strips. Twist them and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush twists with the whisked egg.

    Bake for 10- 15 minutes, or until brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment