Saturday, January 18, 2020

Coconut Chocolate Pudding - Keto


Eating Keto leaves me craving treats in the evening.  I'm also struggling to eat enough fat during the day. The treats don't have to be sweet, but they need to be tasty. I'm experimenting with 'fat bombs' but am also aware that I want to reduce my dairy intake a bit.
When I made this I was thinking it was going to be a mousse consistency. It's not, but it's really rich and chocolaty.





Ingredients
  • 400mls coconut milk (1 can)
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 85 gms dark chocolate with a minimum of 70% cocoa solids
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract


Instructions
  1. Add coconut milk and egg yolks to a sauce pan and stir to combine. Place over medium low heat and let simmer while stirring for 10 minutes.
  2. Break the chocolate into small pieces and add to a bowl.
  3. Add the vanilla and pour the coconut milk on top. Let stand for a while so that the chocolate melts.
  4. Whisk the batter and pour into glasses.

Net carbs: (7 g)
Fat: (22 g)
Protein: (3 g)
kcal: 234

No comments:

Post a Comment